PageGroup

www.page.com
  www.page.com
There are newer employer reviews for PageGroup

Work Hard Play Hard Environment. Great place for those who want it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of upward mobility in the company. They promote from within and big on meritocracy. Unfair reviews being posted. The industry as a whole is not for everyone. The reason being is that not many industries out there give an individual in their early 20's the opportunity to make 150K+ per year. You have to work very smart / hard for it. The people that succeed work very hard to achieve success and the company rewards them handsomely with promotions, trips, bonuses and recognition. When you reach that success there is all smiles on the young energetic floor. You are constantly challenged to think and grow your business which makes the job and day just fly by and you go home feeling a sense of accomplishment. This is one of the best recruitment firms to work for if not the best.

Cons

The industry is heavily tied to the economy. Since we have been in a recession for the last several years I can understand why there had been a lot of unsuccesful unhappy people. Upside to that is that there is a huge rebound and every team is experiencing record months not seen since pre-meltdown. The hours are not 9 to 5 but if your work is directly correlated to your compensation it doesnt matter. You have to pull people off the desk when they know they are working late to end up with that additional 10K -100K+ per quarter.

Their have been a lot of changes for the better so I would advise management to keep heading on the same track.

246 Other Employee Reviews for PageGroup (View Most Recent)

Recruiter-New York

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is great. They do prepare you recruit quickly and efficiently, which is great if recruitment is the career that you wish to pursue

Cons

Management institutes policies without the opinion of the employees. In the new york office they had made our hours from 8-7 and told us that this was for our benefit so we could realize our potential more quickly. Some coworkers were great while other consistently sought out to stab each other in the back. I had interviewed for a another position just to see what they had to offer and was fired by management at MP because I interviewed. My advice would be to work for a staffing agency that cares about its employees

Made long lasting friendships, but management are not to be trusted

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at PageGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some coworkers became some of my best friends. Under the right management (which changed multiple times in my 2 years there) it was a strong team environment and enjoyable work environment.

Cons

Some coworkers epitomized the "sleazy salesman" and management (Director-level and up) were often not truthful. Very high turnover.

Be more truthful during the interview process.

There are newer employer reviews for PageGroup