PagerDuty

There are newer employer reviews for PagerDuty

Fast moving

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are good people, interesting work and massive growth. There's also a dedicated happiness team that responds to requests for everything from hardware to beer selection. Great location if you live in the city with lots of bike parking.

Cons

The customers are very vocal, so there's always a fire to put out. There is an element of being on call for many roles.

Chillax, we've got this :)

26 Other Employee Reviews for PagerDuty (View Most Recent)

Handpicked team, challenging problems, great career move.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with Scala is the greatest perk of the job. If you are language agnostic, then consider the opportunity of writing scalable and highly available services. Consider working on a project where quality matters. Did I mention Scala?

Cons

At PagerDuty we eat our own dogfood. This means you will have to be on-call once in a while, and when something breaks late at night, you will be woken up.

Talking to management is not easy with any job, and their schedules are booked. Combine that with having offices in different cities, and some people are essentially unapproachable. Bridging the gap between two offices is something PagerDuty needs to tackle as the company grows.

3-P's: Great People, terrific Product and tons of Potential

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture; Whiskey Wednesday; Fun office; Accessible founders; Catered lunch; Tons of collaboration across teams; Good place to learn from others

Cons

Would love to see 401k matching in the future; Working for such a quickly growing company can have challenges, but management always listens and takes care of their employees.

401k matching; Keep open lines of communication; Don't lose the great culture that has been built!

There are newer employer reviews for PagerDuty