There are newer employer reviews for PagerDuty

Amazing place for career growth and culture!

Current Employee - People Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - People Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working here! Everyone who works here is very smart, welcoming, friendly, and collaborative. If I have a question about anything, I never hesitate to ask. No question is a dumb question! One of the best aspects about working at PagerDuty is that I can see the difference I am making. Being apart of a growing startup, I am implementing programs that are taking ground and will be used for years to come!

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to step away from a project for the evening because it's time to go home...

reviews filtered by
  1. One of the best atmosphere for an engineer to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

I have learned a lot at PagerDuty. Everyone is extremely smart, dedicated, hard working, always ready to help. I'm a junior software engineer. I get to use, work on latest technologies to solve unique problems as our product needs that.
    Everyone loves what they do here, it is very much visible from daily interaction.

Culturally, it's a great place to be. Monthly hackdays, great meals, snacks, lots of alcohols, movie nights, poker nights, picnics, birthday celebrations, board games, feature launches and many more!

Sick leaves are unlimited. I can WFH. Engineering teams are very flexible as long as you are doing your job.
    Compensation is on par with the market.

More than everything our customers absolutely love our product!

Cons

Company is going super fast! It's getting tough to keep with all new faces and names.

They seem to be doing a good job so far.

2. Amazing culture, brilliant engineers, beloved product

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are phenomenal here. There's no discernable office drama. Engineering is fairly flat, and you still have broad latitude to engage your brain and make critical technical decisions, even as an intermediate engineer. There is very good engineering culture here, and while there are problems in every code base, we really deal with technical debt and strive to build sustainable systems. I attribute this to having technical founders.

PagerDuty is a fairly well-known product in devops circles, and it is widely considered very reliable and it does exactly what it says on the tin, so one of the best things about PD is that you get to work on something that people actually like.

Culturally, it's a great place to be. The Vibe team does an excellent job of taking care of meals (lunch catered daily, breakfast on Wednesdays), activities, etc. There's a lot of alcohol around if you drink (though this has been snubbed during business hours now). Snacks are abundant. Also nerf guns. The web team decorated their team room with a bunch of nautical stuff. Every engineer has a height-adjustable desk and an ACD.

Vacation time-off is actually prescribed, vs many startups where it's "unlimited." I actually prefer this, since I'm always unsure as to whether or not I've crossed some unstated threshold. Sick leave is unlimited, like most places. It is common for people to work from home whenever they're feeling under the weather, or if they just feel like skipping the commute that day.

Work/life balance is very good. It seems like most people tend to roll in around 10am and roll out around 5-6pm. Even though we go on call, most teams seem to be mindful of alert fatigue and we address recurring issues.

Compensation is on par with the market. Not outstanding, but it seems to be about the same as other offers I've received.

Cons

The commute is in SF, so that's kind of bad at times. Teams are either in a shared team room or out in the open, which some people prefer, but sometimes I'd like to have a small office to myself to focus.

There are newer employer reviews for PagerDuty