Palantir Technologies
www.palantir.com Palo Alto, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Good times on boats

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Software being used to tack important problems. It's gratifying to see the projects I've worked on being used on real problems.
- Coworkers are, by and large, fantastic. Fun people to work with who you can trust to do good work. I feel like I have a lot to learn from the people around me.
- I can see why the culture might seem intimidating at first but as a bona fide antisocial developer stereotype, I would say that my experience here has been quite welcoming.
- I believe the company has a large potential upside. Having seen our software deployed and used, I think we have the potential to be very successful.

Cons- There are definitely growing pains. With the size of the company and by which it's trying to grow, there is a large burden of recruiting on everyone. This can be tiring but the load will be better distributed as we grow.
- Work-life balance could be better. I definitely work a lot, but I wouldn't be willing to do so if I didn't enjoy the work I'm doing.
- A lot of effort is being put into "preserving the culture" as we grow but I think care should be taken not to let this alienate new people. I think if I had interned/started a year later than I did, I would not have felt as at home and welcome here as I do.

Amazing company with important work and positive culture, but feeling some growing pains

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Important work. We have opportunities here to leverage technology against our customers' hardest challenges and make a significant impact. - Incredibly talented and motivated colleagues. -… Cons: - Though transparency is a corporate value here, as we continue to grow, decisions are made by a smaller percentage of the company and the… Advice to Senior Management: Protect the culture and atmosphere. Don't pretend that there are no politics or true managers here, because those issues do come into play. More experienced… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best place to work, ever.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Important work that creates new technology, solves important problems - work with real meaning. Talented coworkers always have something to teach and to learn - collaboration… Cons: Some managers are sharp individuals but poor managers. Despite best efforts to train them, some folks suffer due to this. Company is growing fast and… Advice to Senior Management: Raise salaries or talent will flee (I've heard this from new and old-timers alike) Listen to reports… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Palantir Technologies.

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palantir Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp. All reviews posted anonymously by Palantir Technologies employees.