Palantir Technologies
www.palantir.com Palo Alto, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Palantir is the absolute hardest, and most rewarding job I've ever had

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

ProsIn my nearly two years with Palantir, I'm certain that I've had a much bigger outcome on the impact I worked in government for seven years to affect: A government making better decisions driven by better information. It sounds cheesy, it's at times a slow and hard fought battle but we're actually winning it. If you've ever worked with the government you know what a huge accomplishment that is.

I am also extraordinarily lucky to work with the highest integrity, smartest people I've ever known. Working a campaign in 2006 I thought I had worked with the most capable, tight knit, well motivated team I would have the fortune to work with. Only Palantir has topped that experience.

Even if you forget both of the above reasons to work for the company - which are by far the best reasons to work here - they treat us extremely well. It's not just the big decisions like compensation and benefits, but also hundreds of small decisions where an ordinary company would optimize on keeping things simpler or spending less money, and it's clear that Palantir as a company prefers in each case to actually make my life easier and more productive, even if it means spending more money.

ConsThe work - both in volume and in degree of difficulty - is intense. Not only are we always trying to make something improbable happen with government customers in Silicon Valley timelines, but we're on the hook for the quality of that work in a big way. Making this all come together is definitely the most challenging professional experience of my life, and one that I have not always gotten right.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the focus on making everything we've done so far work at greater scale.

Rock solid team doing great work

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Almost all employees are extremely competent, friendly, and have a great attitude. The "No A-hole" policy works. - The software and the team are… Cons: - There have been some growing pains as the company expands rapidly. It's starting to feel less like one big happy family and more… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the trend of reaching out to employees to hear their concerns, and don't be afraid… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Love it. Very, very happy

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - I work with some truly brilliant people. The value of this can't be overstated. Every corner of Palantir is full of incredibly… Cons: Reading some of the other reviews, it's like we're not working at the same company... it's honestly mind boggling. Yes, we are growing quickly… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing! Like everyone says: try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Palantir Technologies.

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palantir Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp. All reviews posted anonymously by Palantir Technologies employees.