Palantir Technologies
www.palantir.com Palo Alto, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Fun, friendly, fulfilling, high expectations.

Forward Deployed Engineer (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Very fun atmosphere and people. Lots of exciting events and weekly traditions (pizza night, ultimate frisbee, Halo, etc.)
- People are mostly friendly, happy to see you.
- Great mission that everyone's working for.
- Everyone is super willing to help you out if you have a problem. I would IM people I'd never met but whose names I found on the Wiki and they would answer my questions right away.
- They don't waist your time with administrative stuff.

Cons- Very high expectations. People often work long/hard hours. People seemed to be a little fearful of keeping their jobs.
- The older engineers were hard to approach in person, didn't seem interested in making friendships (at least with interns). I often felt like they thought I was wasting their time and that my questions were dumb.
- There's an attitude that some may find to be "elitist" that most of the employees and executives often give off.
- Some, if not many, engineers didn't seem super enthused about the mission. Some seemed to just be there because it was a job, or because it was fun.

Advice to Senior Management- Limit the amount of times you say "we're the best." Don't say/imply that you're perfect. You have your flaws and difficulties (mostly code-based) like every company does.
- Be more approachable. Don't always be in a hurry everywhere.

Palantir is awesome!

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Choosing to work at Palantir has been the best career move of my life. I liked my old job, but I love Palantir! I… Cons: Palantir is so different from a lot of companies that it is often hard for people… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what your doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast paced, high learning, self directed environment where we solve real world problems.

Mission Specialist (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Flat hierarchy with an emphasis on personal ownership. At Palantir, I can honestly say that I have never been "managed." Leadership is there… Cons: -Massive Growth. This is awesome and also the source of most of our problems at the same time. We often don't scale our… Advice to Senior Management: Try to proactively fight the growth issues as much as you can. I've had numerous conversations with leadership about this, but its a super… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Palantir Technologies.

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palantir Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp. All reviews posted anonymously by Palantir Technologies employees.