Palantir Technologies

www.palantir.com

Fun, friendly, fulfilling, high expectations.

Forward Deployed Engineer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Very fun atmosphere and people. Lots of exciting events and weekly traditions (pizza night, ultimate frisbee, Halo, etc.)
- People are mostly friendly, happy to see you.
- Great mission that everyone's working for.
- Everyone is super willing to help you out if you have a problem. I would IM people I'd never met but whose names I found on the Wiki and they would answer my questions right away.
- They don't waist your time with administrative stuff.

Cons- Very high expectations. People often work long/hard hours. People seemed to be a little fearful of keeping their jobs.
- The older engineers were hard to approach in person, didn't seem interested in making friendships (at least with interns). I often felt like they thought I was wasting their time and that my questions were dumb.
- There's an attitude that some may find to be "elitist" that most of the employees and executives often give off.
- Some, if not many, engineers didn't seem super enthused about the mission. Some seemed to just be there because it was a job, or because it was fun.

Advice to Senior Management- Limit the amount of times you say "we're the best." Don't say/imply that you're perfect. You have your flaws and difficulties (mostly code-based) like every company does.
- Be more approachable. Don't always be in a hurry everywhere.

Love it. Very, very happy

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - I work with some truly brilliant people. The value of this can't be overstated. Every corner of Palantir is full of incredibly… Cons: Reading some of the other reviews, it's like we're not working at the same company... it's honestly mind boggling. Yes, we are growing quickly… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing! Like everyone says: try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good times on boats

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Software being used to tack important problems. It's gratifying to see the projects I've worked on being used on real problems. - Coworkers are, by… Cons: - There are definitely growing pains. With the size of the company and by which it's trying to grow, there is a large burden of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Palantir Technologies.

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!