Palantir Technologies
www.palantir.com Palo Alto, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Palantir is awesome!

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChoosing to work at Palantir has been the best career move of my life. I liked my old job, but I love Palantir! I do work long hours, but when you really enjoy your work the time flies by.

Having worked at Palantir for a while now I can tell you that a lot of the people that are griping about not being integrated quickly are because it's a high speed and challenging work environment. Most people coming into the DC office are not familiar with the flexible work environment that Palantir provides. Nor are they familiar with how things work at a fast moving company with streamlined oversight.

At Palantir the only barrier to success is you. Sure you are given left and right limits, but really you control your own destiny at Palantir. I love this and try to seize every opportunity I can, however it is not necessarily easy to adjust to this type of environment. I think this is where some of the frustration from other reviews comes from. In my experience I did not truly "get it" until after 6 months of hard work.

The personal growth I have gained at Palantir has been invaluable as well; in three years I have noticed so much personal growth in my professional skills. This is because I feel like I have been given the opportunity to do a lot of things that I would have never had the chance to do anywhere else.

Even with all of the awesomeness of personal growth, career development, and working with awesome people, you also get some fantastic perks which you can read about on the website.

ConsPalantir is so different from a lot of companies that it is often hard for people to adjust. This in turn can cause friction with people that don't adjust well to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Fast paced, high learning, self directed environment where we solve real world problems.

Mission Specialist (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Flat hierarchy with an emphasis on personal ownership. At Palantir, I can honestly say that I have never been "managed." Leadership is there… Cons: -Massive Growth. This is awesome and also the source of most of our problems at the same time. We often don't scale our… Advice to Senior Management: Try to proactively fight the growth issues as much as you can. I've had numerous conversations with leadership about this, but its a super… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging, purposeful work in a great environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1. First and foremost, Palantir is working on some of the hardest and most important problems in the world. Working on these is both… Cons: 1. Growing pains: Palantir is growing very, very fast, which is both good and bad. It's hard to keep up with all the new… Advice to Senior Management: Of course, I've already talked with "senior management" about this, but there is such a thing as growing too fast, and we have to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Palantir Technologies.

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palantir Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp. All reviews posted anonymously by Palantir Technologies employees.