Palantir Technologies

www.palantir.com

I will never forget my time at Palantir and the number of amazing and talented people I got to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe mission comes first, and everyone believes in Saving the Shire, and it is beautiful.
You know that person you meet that blows you away with how intelligent and introspective they are? Ok, now realize that everyone who works at Palantir is that type of "one-of-a-kind." The amount of brain power in one building is unbelievable.
The benefits are fantastic and people deserve the benefits with how hard they are working.
Your work is actually changing the world and Karp puts his people and the mission first.
Every support team is fantastic! They will go out of their way to take care of things for you.

ConsIt is hard to take time off. If you do, you end up being extremely out of the loop when you get back and it is stressful.
There are never enough people on your team to finish all of the work.
Be prepared to be on your computer on weekends and at night.
It is not a 9-5 job so be prepared to come early and stay late.
Sometimes you realize that you are taking the small things for granted because everything is taken care of for you. Ask your friends about their jobs and you will realize how lucky you have it at Palantir.
Feedback can be out of the blue.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow, try to stay ahead of the work instead of being behind it. People will burn out if they are not given enough help and support from their leads and/or upper management. Implement some sort of training regimen for non-BD folks. It is daunting to be thrown in and only given feedback when you fail. Some guidance for at least the first month would be helpful. Encourage social interactions among Palantirians so that members of different teams can meet each other.

Recruiting at Palantir

Recruiter (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Nice/great/talented people -The mission really does impact people in a… Cons: -Welcome to mini-Google, in other words recruiting hell without the great pay. -A huge team for… Advice to Senior Management: Stopping letting all these former Googlers recreate their mini hell, take a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Palantir is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Forward Deployed Engineer (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros: I can't think of a better place to work than Palantir. I've worked at several tech companies during my time including several big names you… Cons: If you're looking for a 9-5 job, you're looking in the wrong place. Try Google or Facebook if you want a cozy California life. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Keep adapting to our growing pains. Otherwise, keep up the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Palantir Technologies.

Worked for Palantir Technologies? Contribute to the Community!