Don't bother applying here if you have more than 2 years of work experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Palantir Technologies

Pros

Location in downtown Palo Alto Food and perks Smart people that are down to earth

Cons

I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 because the product is so innovative and will truly help many sectors. Pay seems to be low by design. My guess is that the idea is to attract young people with no experience who don't know any better into a sweatshop environment and work them to death to maximize investor profit. The irony is that they tell people that it should be enough just to have the honor of working at Palantir and they don't want people there who are interested in money. Hmmm...... The recruiting department is the worst I have ever seen.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good tech place to work, bad place of employment for career

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is meaningful - customers are actually using Palantir for world changing problem solving. People you work with are genuinely intelligent and smart. Laid back culture allows casual dress and no time reporting so you go in whenever you want. Company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Pay is miserable at Palantir especially in DC/NYC markets. Burnout happens eventually to all Forward Deployed Engineers. Leadership is not promoting contributors, but merely handpicking the few they "like". Career growth doesn't mean much at Palantir. LOTS of politics at Palantir, a lot of people have left or are leaving Palantir for better opportunity.

Advice to Management

Not sure this part matters. There has been zero change to improving culture and actually paying people what they should get in the field. Burnout isn't being addressed. You're losing people and don't care - simply hiring more doesn't replace what you have now.

Palantir changing for the worst

Current Employee - Mission Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Mission Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are really smart at Palantir, we do a great job hiring and interviewing folks. There's a lot of freedom to work at your pace to get things done with less micromanagement than companies I have worked for before. Office environment is very comfortable to work in and it seems like people are genuine here. The impact of some of our work is definitely visible and felt. Our tech is awesome, I am proud to demo our products to our customers.

Cons

Really having a distaste for how big changes are made that affect our well being outside work, recently were told they are moving the office to Georgetown after we just bought a house near the office they are about to close. Pay is extremely bad for the DC area, I came in late into Palantir so my stock options are not worth as much as the folks who were here before and I hear it's not going to be great since everyone at the company gets options. A lot of people are not as happy here in the DC office but there's too much work to get done so not really in the office. I've noticed that a lot of our folks are leaving Palantir for better opportunities which is a sign that things are going for not so good.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, stop making big changes and say that it's for the better. Moving the office might be good from the media perspective, but you're hurting a lot of employees and not caring. Stop and CARE.