There are newer employer reviews for Pall

I learned a lot at the company, but was not very happy with the organization.

Former Employee - Engineer II in Northborough, MA
Former Employee - Engineer II in Northborough, MA

I worked at Pall

Pros

You can learn a lot about biotech and pharmaceutical companies and what they require if you work in the Life Sciences division. If I wasn't feeling well, my manager was good at giving me the time off I needed.

Cons

People in general were not happy. It seemed like the management didn't really care about our work life (altho they did care more about our work/life balance). I wasn't a fan of how the company was run, very political atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Employees should give feedback to their managers. It would have really helped a lot and this way the managers would understand why the employees are not happy, or at least notice that the employees are not happy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awful and painful place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Pall

Pros

Christmas "shutdown" vacation days for all full time employees.

Cons

-No leadership -Some senior management personnel are incompetent at their jobs, no performance evaluation -Diversity is absent in the company. -Internal employees are overlooked for promotions. -Major company being operated as a small business. -No sick days

Advice to Management

There are too many VPs and not enough workers. Please evaluation your senior management to inquire, if they are worth the 6 figure salary. Employees feel oppressed and are dissatisfied. Projects are held up because of incompetent management and department personnel.

A very lean operation. Althought the benefits are good, the work load will kill you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Pall

Pros

Decent benefits. Bagels and blue jeans on casual Fridays. The company also provides Starbucks coffee for employees every work day. The perfect work environment for those who enjoy working extended hours - and on weekends.

Cons

The work force is very lean - therefore ability to actually use earned vacation is rarely feasible. Good luck being able to travel on your vaction... "Earned vacation" is more apt to become "earned work from home" day. There is an expectation that employees work long hours and weekends. What??? Cancer got you down?.. We'll make today "bring your chemo drip to work day"... nobody minds if your lips are blue from treatment. You'll be a trend setter and inspiration for others. The staff who have seen the local Ann Arbor site dwindle to a fraction of what Pall/Gelman once was, are great to work with. They however have witnessed fellow colleagues eliminated from the operation - often with little notice or questionable justification. Therefore those who are left, despite being pleasant - harbor anger and bitterness. Everyone believes their needs are more urgent than everyone elses. Not a good place to work if you have loved ones or interests outside of work.

Advice to Management

Based on the stress and overwhelming work load required, the leadership at Pall exhibits questionable respect for employee well being. The work environment is not pleasant or gratifying. I therefore, would not recommend Pall as employer to others.