Pall

www.pall.com
  www.pall.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pall

Great experience when the company was young and growing, and not so great when company got bigger.

Current Employee - Vice President in Port Washington, NY
Current Employee - Vice President in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Pall

Pros

Great people. Great learning experience. Felxibility in learning a lot of different applications and technologies.

Cons

Too many changes at the top. Lost focus on innovation in lue of cost cutting.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Pall (View Most Recent)

A promising start met the ugly reality of de-motivation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Pall

Pros

The products produced are arguably THE best on the planet. Pall is a company name recognized globally. Most of the personnel are helpful, competent and enjoyable to work with. Time off is generous compared with other company offerings, and the stock options are a nice benefit.

Cons

Key management is often inconsistent in verbal direction. Micromanagement is unrelenting. No matter what you do, it's wrong or not good enough. Every employee has at least five different jobs and chooses priority work based on whatever the emergency-of-the-day is, or whatever is due that day. The yearly incentive plan seems designed to be unattainable and this, along with the shocking disrespect and unprofessionalism shown to subordinates by high-level personnel who really should know better, has demotivated a large percentage of the staff. A lot of people are just toughing it out until another job opportunity presents itself. The worst part: Corporate management has never thought to ask employees for feedback about local management, and employees assume no one cares that they're de-motivated so long as the quarterly numbers are good.

Ask employees to rate their supervisors and managers. Give them a means to express their ideas and opinions to someone who cares.

I learned a lot at the company, but was not very happy with the organization.

Former Employee - Engineer II in Northborough, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer II in Northborough, MA

I worked at Pall

Pros

You can learn a lot about biotech and pharmaceutical companies and what they require if you work in the Life Sciences division. If I wasn't feeling well, my manager was good at giving me the time off I needed.

Cons

People in general were not happy. It seemed like the management didn't really care about our work life (altho they did care more about our work/life balance). I wasn't a fan of how the company was run, very political atmosphere.

Employees should give feedback to their managers. It would have really helped a lot and this way the managers would understand why the employees are not happy, or at least notice that the employees are not happy.

There are newer employer reviews for Pall