Palm Beach County School District

www.palmbeachschools.org
  www.palmbeachschools.org
There are newer employer reviews for Palm Beach County School District

A great place to work with children.

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Delray Beach, FL
Current Employee - Teacher in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Palm Beach County School District full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

very good place to work.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Palm Beach County School District (View Most Recent)

The Janus head of the educational system

Current Employee - Language Arts Teacher  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Language Arts Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Palm Beach County School District full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My colleagues, administrators and support staff are all dedicated to doing what's best to educate children. They trust the faculty to try new and innovative ideas to teach the children. This is my experience, other schools are different.

Cons

The short sighted bureaucrats at the district, the state and the federal government never settle on a plan and work it through until real results can be quantified. They simply roll out something new they've purchased and then give it one or two years before giving it the shaft. The amount of standardized norm referenced achievement tests is a disgrace.

Consider using the invaluable resources you have in experienced and dedicated faculty to internally put together innovative ideas to improve the education of our children. Stop telling us there is no money to pay teachers when every year millions are paid to outside entities to implement strategies with a student population with whom they have now experience.

Nice building, administration not so great, discipline issues abound

Former Employee - Teacher  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Palm Beach County School District full-time for more than a year

Pros

Building is newer and nice. Nice teaching staff! Assistant Principals are very nice people.

Cons

Portable classrooms are old and icky. Administration is not great. Principal knows very little about fundamentals of reading and math education (he was previously a physical education teacher) and relies heavily on being a foreboding presence. Assistant Principals spend the majority of their time putting out discipline fires. Pay is quite low.

There are newer employer reviews for Palm Beach County School District

Worked for Palm Beach County School District? Contribute to the Community!