Palm Beach County School District

There are newer employer reviews for Palm Beach County School District

School Board

Current Employee - Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Palm Beach County School District full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This employer is very flexible when you need days off. The environment is very friendly, the culture is dedicated to employees. Employees can go to their boss because there is an open door policy. You also can self report anything that you may feel needs addressing. You can also report anything that is not policy. The very most important issue is that there is a union. The hours are very favorable.

Cons

I hate clocking in/out on a time clock. The hallways are very long. More money could be put into athletics.

Please allow your employees to have input in some of the decision making process. This will make them feel as though the are an important part of the organization.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Palm Beach County School District (View Most Recent)

I had a great experience.

I have been working at Palm Beach County School District

Pros

They offered many professional development opportunities.

Cons

A teacher may feel they might not have a voice due to the size of the district.

Don't become a teacher!

Current Employee - Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Palm Beach County School District full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vacations (although I work a second job during vacations or I would have no extra money)

Cons

They are constantly increasing the amount of (BS) work teachers have to do, most of which is not to help the students, but rather just putting on a show for the higher-ups and politicians. No growth potential, salary or otherwise. The district just gave teachers their first raise in about 9 years. I have a Master's Degree and have been in my career for 6 years and make under $45,000.

There are newer employer reviews for Palm Beach County School District