There are newer employer reviews for Palm

The lights are off and nobody is home

I worked at Palm

Pros

Significant financial incentives put forth to align teams on transforming company
Significant opportunities for people to step up and lead

Cons

No transparency on company challenges or progress
Understaffed given the challenges facing business

66 Other Employee Reviews for Palm (View Most Recent)

So much potential squandered.

I worked at Palm

Pros

Brand recognition; some really great, dedicated people working through some difficult situations (i.e. product and software quality was usually an issue which affected many of the customer facing departments)

Cons

Unfortunately management didn't have its attention on some of the key areas that were affecting Palm's reputation and product sales.

My job was ending just as Rubinstein was coming in and while I was anxious to see how things panned out and if he would make a difference, it seems he couldn't. His product design and new software was obvously a breath of fresh air compared to what Palm had been producing but there seem to have been many of the same hardware/software quality problems that were there before 2007.

Good in the beginning...

I worked at Palm

Pros

Good in the beginning way before the acquisition from HP. Company was small enough where you were able to have various opportunities.

Cons

Company became way too political and it really depended on your boss. My boss had an inferiority complex and only looked out for her interest. It became more about how much you can kiss up to move forward rather than being a team and working for the company as a common goal.

There are newer employer reviews for Palm

Worked for Palm? Contribute to the Community!