There are newer employer reviews for Palmetto Health

Wonderful place to work with friendly employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Pros

Every employee greets you with a smile in the hallway. Employees care about the work that they are doing and treat customers with respect.

Cons

It is a large campus so people get lost easily. Also, it is a non-profit company so salaries are not as high as other companies.

Advice to Management

Make sure to listen to employees' feedback about their direct management's involvement in their departments. Sometimes staff feel like they are not being supported by their managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Palmetto Health

1. a stable place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbia, SC

Pros

the pay is fair, but due to the recent changes in healthcare, the organization has not been able to offer much in the way of raises. good benefits. I believe the higher up administration is truly committed to keeping Palmetto Health solvent, and that means a lot to me in the way of job security. I would honestly forego a pay raise to be assured that I will not be laid off.

Cons

The downsides do not have so much to do with the environment specifically in Palmetto Health, but the basic challenges that every organization faces with in healthcare. Understaffing, heavy workloads, and governmental nitpicking make it hard to feel like you are appreciated or are doing a good job. It seems like most of the feedback from management is about what you are doing wrong, or how you fell short of some standard. However, most of these standards are put in place by entities outside of the company, and they purposely make it nearly impossible to meet in order to place limits on reimbursement for the hospital. The trickle down effect is that the day to day, at-the-bedside employee is made to feel inadequate.

Advice to Management

I would not want to trade places with any of you for any amount of money. All in all, I think you are doing a good job. I just wish it would be acknowledged that we are all being asked to meet unreasonable goals, and our resources are being diminished day by day.

2. Okay place to work. Pay not good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Pros

It has a large variety of patients

Cons

Pay not good for the area.

Advice to Management

Choose better managers.