There are newer employer reviews for Palmetto Health

Great hospital for patients, but....

I have been working at Palmetto Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the values of the hospital (treat each patient like you would like yourself or your family to be treated), and the patient care at Baptist is second-to-none. The doctors are fabulous and they provide very good care.

Cons

I work at one of the Dr.'s offices where the workload is sometimes overwhelming. In addition, although most of my co-workers are wonderful to work with, there are those "bad eggs"--you all know who I'm talking about--the toxic ones that have a negative attitude, continuously gossip, have no patient empathy, and basically suck the joy right out of your day, perhaps because they're so miserable.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great opportunity for entry level

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative (ER) in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative (ER) in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Palmetto Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was long but very informative and compensation is fair. This company is growing as they have just opened up their 3 hospital in the Columbia, SC area. Having no experience and venturing into the healthcare arena has been very interesting to say the least. Your are encouraged to learn and ask questoins. There appears to be great personal growth opportunity here but only time will tell. Great flexibility with PTO and scheduling.

Cons

Too early to tell.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay involved with the day to day and learning to your staff.

2. Great family atmosphere and good teamwork.

I have been working at Palmetto Health

Pros

You can really tell the focus is on the quality of patient care and their family, it makes you feel as you are really a part of something special/

Cons

Compensation for our hard work can be and should be at a higher level, when your facilty wants to be known as not only the best in the state, but also the region and the nation, you need to compensate your employee's accordingly.

Advice to Management

Stream line and standardize equipment in all departments, make people more accountable for their equipment, and involve all areas of hospital in the procurement of new equipment, not just the physicians and nurse's that are using it. That would save you alot of time and resources, instead of purchasing something that is a deal. When you purchase garbage then you pay more for it in the long run.