There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health

Excellent, forward-thinking health system.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Supervisor in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Palomar Health operates a beautiful new hospital in west Escondido, plus Pomerado Hospital and other satellite locations around north county.

Cons

The health care district served by Palomar Health faces stiff competition from hospitals. This can sometimes mean that if census is down, hours get cut.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Don't speak up or try to improve the system in any way-or else!

Current Employee - R N in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - R N in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health

Pros

job with a steady income but other than that and he nearly perfect climate of the San Diego area, I can't think of a single thing.

Cons

They try to save money in every aspect which obviously will affect patient care-and satisfaction or lack there of. But if patient satisfaction scores are below 90% the staff don't get a raise. The CEO on the other hand gets a huge bonus for saving the organization money!

Advice to Management

Improve your computer charting system or expect staff frustration. Don't let the hospital become another "Sharp" hospital where the employees are there for the money only and don't care about the service they provide. I see it heading that way.

2. It's just OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health

Pros

There is constant change, which I like. They are growing & looking towards the future. CEO seems to actually care about the hospital & its future & the culture is trying to change for the better.

Cons

No name recognition in the community. Most executives are out of touch with what is going on & play obvious favorites (which is good if you are one of the favorites!). Opinions are asked of the "regular" workers, but it feels like they aren't listened to.

Advice to Management

If opinions are asked, but nothing changes, explain WHY nothing changed, or why we can't do something. Treat everyone fairly & equally.