Palomar Health
www.palomarhealth.org San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Realities of a RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Escondido, CA

ProsI love my fellow RN's and CNA's. I wouldn't be able to endure if it weren't! For them.

ConsLack of resources or wasteful use of them. Managements inability to recognize when a technology or design implemented to help work flow does not work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the units back their secretary, tele tech, and cna's so that phone calls and call lights can be addressed in a timely manner. Nursing will not pick up a phone if they are in the middle of providing patient care or pulling medications. Make sure we have adequate supplies, I. E. angel gliders, wash cloths, green bed pads. Instead of firing people management needs to downsize. All committees should have their budgets frozen. The adaptive design committee works to find ways to improve workflow and improve patient experiences but it is ridiculous to fire an employee while paying someone from administration to audit a whiteboard that they redesigning and researching. Even if your patients have visual, literacy, or cognitive disorders that require nursing to put the info on paper at bedside nursing runs the risk of getting written up if its not filled out. Put you time and money in the areas that create the most revenue which is your bedside nursing care because meetings, luncheons, and committees don't pay the bills. A team is only as good as its leadership and a good leader provides their team with the necessary tools that allow them to attain their goal so listen to your staff. Mistakes are made but change can only occur if the necessity of change is acknowledged.

Final year of employment the organization was in financial chaos

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Palomar Health full-time

Pros: Kind co-workers and team spirit Cons: Poor upper management decision making led to financial distress No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent, forward-thinking health system.

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Palomar Health operates a beautiful new hospital in west Escondido,… Cons: The health care district served by Palomar Health faces stiff competition from hospitals.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Palomar Health.

Worked for Palomar Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Palomar Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Palomar Health CEO Michael H. Covert. All reviews posted anonymously by Palomar Health employees.