Palomar Health

There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health

Realities of a RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love my fellow RN's and CNA's. I wouldn't be able to endure if it weren't! For them.

Cons

Lack of resources or wasteful use of them. Managements inability to recognize when a technology or design implemented to help work flow does not work.

Give the units back their secretary, tele tech, and cna's so that phone calls and call lights can be addressed in a timely manner. Nursing will not pick up a phone if they are in the middle of providing patient care or pulling medications. Make sure we have adequate supplies, I. E. angel gliders, wash cloths, green bed pads. Instead of firing people management needs to downsize. All committees should have their budgets frozen. The adaptive design committee works to find ways to improve workflow and improve patient experiences but it is ridiculous to fire an employee while paying someone from administration to audit a whiteboard that they redesigning and researching. Even if your patients have visual, literacy, or cognitive disorders that require nursing to put the info on paper at bedside nursing runs the risk of getting written up if its not filled out. Put you time and money in the areas that create the most revenue which is your bedside nursing care because meetings, luncheons, and committees don't pay the bills. A team is only as good as its leadership and a good leader provides their team with the necessary tools that allow them to attain their goal so listen to your staff. Mistakes are made but change can only occur if the necessity of change is acknowledged.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Palomar Health (View Most Recent)

Final year of employment the organization was in financial chaos

I worked at Palomar Health full-time

Pros

Kind co-workers and team spirit

Cons

Poor upper management decision making led to financial distress

Excellent, forward-thinking health system.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Palomar Health operates a beautiful new hospital in west Escondido, plus Pomerado Hospital and other satellite locations around north county.

Cons

The health care district served by Palomar Health faces stiff competition from hospitals. This can sometimes mean that if census is down, hours get cut.

There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health