Palomar Health

www.palomarhealth.org
  www.palomarhealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health

Overall has been a great company to work for as my first health care employer!

Current Employee - Lift Coordinator in Poway, CA
Current Employee - Lift Coordinator in Poway, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Before being hired full time, I spent about 18 months as a student volunteer. The staff has always been very helpful and receptive towards me. The training was thorough and educational. Palomar Health has a great atmosphere!

Cons

At this point I do not see anything negative about this employer. (Most employers are experiencing challenges in todays economy. Palomar is no different..)

21 Other Employee Reviews for Palomar Health (View Most Recent)

Don't look for management support or appreciation.

Former Employee - Licensed Psychiatric Clinician in Poway, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Psychiatric Clinician in Poway, CA

I worked at Palomar Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There used to be pros a long time ago, but that stopped and it went 180 in a negative direction. Can't identify one pro currently.

Cons

Where would I start? Don't expect management to step up to stop discrimination, abuse, slander. Regardless of the truth, you will be blamed and penalized. Expectations are different for employees in the same department, depending on whether you are perceived as the "Golden Child" of the moment. The working conditions are brutal, the environment is unhealthy physically and mentally There is a huge deficit of available work space and equipment, making it difficult, if not impossible, to do your work.

Go back to school and get into a different field, preferably one that is very remote from working with others. Become culturally aware and stop being so blatantly racist and discriminating. Stop strong-arming employees to pledge donations because you created a huge shortfall by overspending and pocketing an enormous amount of taxpayer money earmarked for new constructions and improvement of services.

Realities of a RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love my fellow RN's and CNA's. I wouldn't be able to endure if it weren't! For them.

Cons

Lack of resources or wasteful use of them. Managements inability to recognize when a technology or design implemented to help work flow does not work.

Give the units back their secretary, tele tech, and cna's so that phone calls and call lights can be addressed in a timely manner. Nursing will not pick up a phone if they are in the middle of providing patient care or pulling medications. Make sure we have adequate supplies, I. E. angel gliders, wash cloths, green bed pads. Instead of firing people management needs to downsize. All committees should have their budgets frozen. The adaptive design committee works to find ways to improve workflow and improve patient experiences but it is ridiculous to fire an employee while paying someone from administration to audit a whiteboard that they redesigning and researching. Even if your patients have visual, literacy, or cognitive disorders that require nursing to put the info on paper at bedside nursing runs the risk of getting written up if its not filled out. Put you time and money in the areas that create the most revenue which is your bedside nursing care because meetings, luncheons, and committees don't pay the bills. A team is only as good as its leadership and a good leader provides their team with the necessary tools that allow them to attain their goal so listen to your staff. Mistakes are made but change can only occur if the necessity of change is acknowledged.

There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health