One intern's opinion

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Escondido, CA
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees seemed to enjoy their jobs, and most of them are really good at what they do.

Cons

I did not appreciate the lack of support from superiors they were there to listen but never made any concrete changes in response to legitimate concerns. There was little communication from top down; and even after construction of the new hospital, there does not seem to be enough space for every department to have their own

Other Employee Reviews for Palomar Health

Run away!

Former Employee - Patient Care
    Former Employee - Patient Care

I worked at Palomar Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful staff! The only reason I got through the day

Cons

Poor pay, no support form management, bad contract ( should have listened to my lawyer and not taken the job), + multiple lies and no transparancy from supervisor, untimely payment of salary, not getting promised equipment to do job in a timely manner, poor EMR, high turn over of staff, long hours, pressure to discharge patients who had " bad insurance", short staffed, few days between calls. The job I was offered does not resemble the actual job I encountered. I discussed this multiple times with supervisor and board members - who simply didn't care!

Advice to Management

Stop laying off the people who are doing the work and start looking at laying off the bloated list of executives who just go to endless meetings and leisurely lunches all day long. Pay your employees on time. Pay a fair wage with good benefits. Work to retain good staff instead of having a revolving door of good staff that quit after seeing what is going on here, and you will save a lot of money in the long run.

2. Overall has been a great company to work for as my first health care employer!

Current Employee - Lift Coordinator in Poway, CA
    Current Employee - Lift Coordinator in Poway, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before being hired full time, I spent about 18 months as a student volunteer. The staff has always been very helpful and receptive towards me. The training was thorough and educational. Palomar Health has a great atmosphere!

Cons

At this point I do not see anything negative about this employer. (Most employers are experiencing challenges in todays economy. Palomar is no different..)