Palomar Health

www.palomarhealth.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health

The only hospital employer I've ever had

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A nearly brand new hospital, so the equipment works and the facility is well maintained. Its a beautiful place to work.

Cons

Since moving into the new hospital staff feel more anonomous, almost as if we are part of the equipment. Patient care staff are spread out and isolated with no central nursing stations, so professional comraderie and cohesiveness have suffered.

Staff need to feel that you know your job is to support them in their endeavor to provide excellent patient care. In this arena, management works for staff, not vice-versa. Valued staff that take pride in their work = high patient satisfaction!

21 Other Employee Reviews for Palomar Health (View Most Recent)

Launched my RN career. Loved the people.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Escondido, CA

I worked at Palomar Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff are amazing. Organization is innovative and embrace technology.

Cons

Difficult to advance or get promotions. More about who you know rather than what you know.

Disturbing behavior

I worked at Palomar Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great facility at the new hospital location. This is a well thought out plan with great natural light features as well as awesome aesthetics.

Cons

Patient care is beginning to suffer due to cut backs in critical areas. The organization orchestrated some lay offs to help with a struggling financial situation, but the cuts came at the expense of patient care instead of support or ancillary areas. There has been a high turnover as of late in middle management secondary to a disconnect between upper management and operational realities.

Try to avoid the flavor of the month with you initiatives and stay focused on realistic and incremental improvements in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. You have an unrealistic vision of what your current operational efficiencies should be when compared to community standards. I believe there needs to be a change in leadership at the higher levels to right the ship. Current leadership has created an extreme cost burden on the system with the new hospital and does not have a clear vision on how to steer the ship moving forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health