There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Health

I am always happy to go to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I have been working at Palomar Health

Pros

The patient is our number one priority in the O.R. and the my coworkers make everyday worth while.

Cons

I believe that some of the supervising staff is a little excessive and that some are lacking general O.R. knowledge to be in a supervisor position.

Advice to Management

Make sure people are competent with the general areas of their job before hiring them. I believe that the care of the patient is the number one goal so praise those who do it well!! I love working for this company!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great internship program for pre-health students

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Palomar Health as an intern

Pros

Pathmaker interns will get actual hands-on patient care experience and will also get the opportunity to shadow healthcare professionals while they are on the floor. They are also trained on basic clinical skills that will allow them to care for patients alongside RNs and CNAs. The entire organization and staff are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Sometimes you'll get a Department Coordinator who fails to follow up with you in a timely manner via email and calling the office won't necessarily mean you'll actually get to talk to them.

2. One of the Best Hospital Internships in SoCal BY FAR

I have been working at Palomar Health

Pros

Extremely immersive program; interns get involved in direct patient care in state-of-the-art facilities. I have loved working here!

Cons

The commute can sometimes be an issue, seeing as first-time interns can only work on a specific group of floors which generally are all at Palomar Medical Center in Escondido (PMC) but there are still opportunities to get into some of the closer hospitals. Most new interns work at PMC, however.

Advice to Management

It can be a little difficult to contact management at times, but honestly I've only had that issue once or twice in the six months that I've been working here. Managements makes the whole application, induction, and work process fun and easy, which was fantastic.