Palomar Medical

More Interested in Lawsuits than Engineering

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Palomar Medical full-time

Pros

As an Engineer I got to work with many of my different skill sets which was great and they even helped expand some of my skill sets. Some of the work can definitely be interesting. There are quite a few extremely smart scientists that work for the company and they are a great source of knowledge.

Cons

This company has more VP's than it has Engineers. They make most of their money from Lawsuits rather than actually selling product. See their stock ticker if you want confirmation.

As an engineer this is one of the worst places I could think of to work. They are very set in stone in the paths that you must take. The management drives their employees extremely hard for little return. I was actually warned when I went to interview, but did not follow through with the employee's advice.

Everyone looks out for themselves at this company and there is no team feeling. All the upper management only look out for themselves and have no problem throwing other VP's under the bus to prove they are right. After working at Palomar for multiple years, I have to say it is possibly the most hostile and worst work environment I have ever worked in.

This company definitely needs a shakeup and an entire restructuring.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Palomar Medical (View Most Recent)

Talent Off Politics On

I have been working at Palomar Medical full-time

Pros

Very flexiblle schedule.
    Pockets of friendly/good teams to work with.

Cons

Low salaries
    Management and executive have their own club. If you are not part of it, you are treated like an outsider.
    A lot of unprofessional relationship going on.
    Management is looking for their own benefits; they do not stand up for their employees.

Cut the garbage at mid level management. Too many VPs

Dont get conned buy the ICON

I have been working at Palomar Medical as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Review - there newest laser equiptment is slightly better than there older equiptment, from 11 years before.

Cons

Terrible rating - Do not buy direct from Palomarmedical.com
    Up at 3am worrying about dealing with reps from this company, believe me, as a medical professional, i have bettter things to do.
    After you sign on the dotted line ... ... then prepare yourself for a terrible wake up in "you need to read there fine print!"

They really stick the screws to you from top to bottom:
    major run-around on getting answers (he said she said stuff, but this is what we meant)
    bad repairs on units and handpieces
    totally forget about there trade-in/up program

This is coming from Dr.s office that got duped not once, but 3 tiimes over 9 years (i have a 300, 500 & Icon), i would have thought i earned some loyalty.

Do not buy Palomar Medical Technologies, Inc.
    15 Network Drive
    Burlington, MA 01803

Dont set your sales staff up to promise things that can not be backed by corporate.

There are newer employer reviews for Palomar Medical