Pampered Chef

www.pamperedchef.com
  www.pamperedchef.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pampered Chef

Nice company, horrific management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, friendly employees. Nice working environment with up to date equipment.

Cons

There are some truly TOXIC employees in senior management. At times it feels like I'm back in junior high. Our director encourages employees to "rat" each other out and will often stomp around the office screaming at people. Management should have no say in who you eat lunch with, criticize you for stepping away from your desk to use the restroom, or ask you to spy on their peers. High turnover makes it difficult to build good work teams. IT is very chaotic.

Realize that some employees are detrimental to the success of the company. Fear and intimidation are not good ways to motivate your staff. If a manager cannot keep their staff for more than 5-6 months at a time, perhaps there is a problem with the manager.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Pampered Chef (View Most Recent)

Poorly trained consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Pampered Chef as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Work as much as you want (if you can get bookings) or as little as you want and get a nice check for very little work.

Cons

No support. My training consisted of a single joint show and a lot of unanswered questions. I am sure there are great senior consultants who train their recruits - I was recruited under a consultant with no experience at this.

The home office has been great and they provide a lot of resources. I feel there should be mandatory training for consultants recruiting others. A new consultant has a qualifying period, the recruiter should have certain lessons to teach them during that.

A caring company!

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Lake Orion, MI
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Lake Orion, MI

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lot's of great training, team work and potential for advancement at your own pace.

Cons

Lacking your own mode of tranportation would hinder your own success!

Keep developing the company the way it's founder did and it'll never fail!

There are newer employer reviews for Pampered Chef