There are newer employer reviews for Pampered Chef

I was a relatively successful consultant initially.

Former Employee - Independent Consultant in Des Moines, IA
Former Employee - Independent Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Pampered Chef part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The start-up bonuses were great incentives. The products are good quality for the most part, and returns/refunds were generally painless.

Cons

The market can be saturated, and hosts that only invite guests they work with get tied up in the excuse, "I'll order one thing, and order something else at the next party." If you don't have a system of following up and spending time with contacts on the phone, it's very hard to expand.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nice company, horrific management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, friendly employees. Nice working environment with up to date equipment.

Cons

There are some truly TOXIC employees in senior management. At times it feels like I'm back in junior high. Our director encourages employees to "rat" each other out and will often stomp around the office screaming at people. Management should have no say in who you eat lunch with, criticize you for stepping away from your desk to use the restroom, or ask you to spy on their peers. High turnover makes it difficult to build good work teams. IT is very chaotic.

Advice to Management

Realize that some employees are detrimental to the success of the company. Fear and intimidation are not good ways to motivate your staff. If a manager cannot keep their staff for more than 5-6 months at a time, perhaps there is a problem with the manager.

2. Poorly trained consultant

Current Contractor - Consultant in Toms River, NJ
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Pampered Chef as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work as much as you want (if you can get bookings) or as little as you want and get a nice check for very little work.

Cons

No support. My training consisted of a single joint show and a lot of unanswered questions. I am sure there are great senior consultants who train their recruits - I was recruited under a consultant with no experience at this.

Advice to Management

The home office has been great and they provide a lot of resources. I feel there should be mandatory training for consultants recruiting others. A new consultant has a qualifying period, the recruiter should have certain lessons to teach them during that.