There are newer employer reviews for Panavision

A company with lots of pedigree and history, but struggling to adjust to the 21st century.

Former Employee - Rental Coordinator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Rental Coordinator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Panavision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for anyone wanting to learn about motion picture cameras and equipment. Great opportunity to meet and get connected with working camera assistants and directors of photography, in order to network.

Cons

Unless you're prepared to spend 15-20 years of unappreciated hard work to be considered for upward corporate movement, and an upper management attitude of "we don't have titles" in order to skirt paying an equitable wage, then learn what you can and move on.

Advice to Management

Your company is represented by the good relationship developed by your people on the ground, show some appreciation for that.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A very interesting working environment that has its own challenges making it very interesting.

I worked at Panavision

Pros

It is more like a family once you get to know the people. As said, there is always a family reunion and family feud. People are very cooperative in general. A lot of repeat customers make it easy in the long run to work with.

Cons

You really should know some one who will play the mentor that can push you through the food chain.

Advice to Management

When people leave and give reasons, LISTEN to them and see if you can ADDRESS them. Then your good employees might not leave after all. There are GENUINE CONCERNS you might want to know.

2. Amazing grounding experience

Current Employee - Camera Liaison in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Camera Liaison in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Panavision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at Panavision stood my in good stead for my future career in the movie industry

Cons

It was a time when the conversion to digital filmmaking was occuring and the company didnt know whether to stick or twist