There are newer employer reviews for Panavision

A very interesting working environment that has its own challenges making it very interesting.

I worked at Panavision

Pros

It is more like a family once you get to know the people.
As said, there is always a family reunion and family feud.
People are very cooperative in general. A lot of repeat customers make it easy in the long run to work with.

Cons

You really should know some one who will play the mentor that can push you through the food chain.

Advice to Management

When people leave and give reasons, LISTEN to them and see if you can ADDRESS them. Then your good employees might not leave after all.
There are GENUINE CONCERNS you might want to know.

reviews filtered by
  1. Amazing grounding experience

Current Employee - Camera Liaison in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Camera Liaison in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Panavision full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My time at Panavision stood my in good stead for my future career in the movie industry

Cons

It was a time when the conversion to digital filmmaking was occuring and the company didnt know whether to stick or twist

2. A long term waste of time.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Panavision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting people in the film business and getting to know the equipment, if you are young and fresh out of film school. A good health care plan for now. It is a somewhat comfortable and relaxed working environment. It was for a time a place where the president knew the people on the loading dock.

Cons

The salaries are low for the level of skill and responsability required, I worked there for seven years and went for five years without a raise or bonus of any kind despite contributing greatly to one of the departments. Promotions are largely based on internal friendships and not skill or experience. Many of the middle managers are poor leaders. The HR department is more worried about protecting corporate than employees.

Advice to Management

Take more concern with your hourly employees and not so much with adding to upper management and HR departments, they are the personel that the company could not survive a day without. Ask yourselves what department would honestly shut down the company if it suddenly vanished.

There are newer employer reviews for Panavision