Panda Express

A lot of physical work.

Current Employee - Kitchen Crew in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Kitchen Crew in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Panda Express

Pros

Easy to be hired. Mindless job.

Cons

Fairly heavy manual labor. You end up smelling like sub-par Chinese food by the end of the day.

Despite the dissatisfactory working environment I am treated well by my manager and my coworkers.

342 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

Terrible

Former Employee - Everything in Sandusky, OH
    Former Employee - Everything in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Panda Express

Pros

The pay is not bad for a a restaurant job. And you can get plenty of hours being that they underhire and overwork.

Cons

Everything else. They treat their employees like dogs, having them fetch items on command and never giving them the slightest satisfaction or gratification for a job well done. They never have quite enough employees, so you get almost an average of 50 hours a week. They treat every new corporate policy like it's a secret that you are unworthy of knowing. And still berate you when you fail to follow them. There is absolutely nothing you can do that is good enough. Nothing. You can be the best working they have had in years, bit you will never know that by the way try treat you. You will start to think that your worthless and you must be doing a terrible job. But you aren't.

Treat your employees like human beings, and they will treat the customers like human beings. Take some advice from an employee of the mOst valuable company in the world. Apple.

GM is a double face jerk!

Current Employee - Lead Counter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Counter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Panda Express

Pros

If you work under a work hard manager, you are lucky, because he will notice your hard work. and report to company then you will be get raise or move to next lever pretty soon!

Cons

If you are under a lazy and tricky GM, you will get nothing, even you work your bud off, GM will pick on
    you for anything you did not do, and put you down for everything you did, because he is a king.
    He will put schedule like he work at store until 8:00Pm daily, but he go home at 4:00PM daily.
    He push you to close the store within one hour, but our store is busy store, we have tons of dishes need to hand wash, stove and flyer need to deep clear, floor need to clear until clean and no greasy, If you over time, he will yell to you threatening you next time will write you up!

Investment more HR group, let them come out to visit your store. you will find out more dark side of GM, some of them are just play game with you.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express