There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Love working at Panda - the people on my team are awesome!

I have been working at Panda Express full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay, high growth company. There is a huge focus on growing and learning. The founders do not simply solely focus on the money (but that is always a high concern as with any company).

Cons

While the focus on continious learning is great, the founder likes to dictate what learning you should do - it is "optional" and "highly encouraged" in other words - if you want to stay you had better do it. And you are expected to pay for the seminars yourself.

Sometimes senior management does not behave in line with the mission and values - don't expect others to "do what I say, not what I do"

303 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

Read carefully before you get into this business

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Panda Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay if you only work 50 hours a week (if you are lucky enough)
    Good bonus if you get a good store that is making money and nothing breaks.
    Good employees as long as you hire one that listen to you and help you clean the store & dumpster till 4am before visit.
    Good management if your ACO only cares making profit/bonus instead a piece of gum that is on the driveway and not calling your phone thousand times when you are off.

I loved this company when I first started and cares everything like it was my business, but things changed, and all I want now is work my hours, go home, turn my phone off and sleep.

Cons

They hold everyone accountable for everything.

Upper managements get so pissed off if they see a piece of rice on the steamtable/floor, a small piece trash on the parking lot, grease stain on the dumpster area during visit, a piece of gum on the driveway, a black spot on the kitchen flooe & etc.

They are so crazy about the store cleanliness when the restaurant is using a lot of oil & grease on daily basis. They always compare Panda to other fast food when panda only pay about 5-7 people working during rushes, McDonald's pay 20 people working per shift that's why McD can serve people in 30 seconds and Panda serve people in 5 minutes.

High turnover because it pays good but work like a dog that you feel like you get paid less than minimum wages, so people leave after a couple months and work somewhere else.

As a TL, you work like an ACO but does not get paid more than GM, and your ACO ask you to do his/her work assignments, and help him/her reply his/her boss email when you dont know when you will get promoted to ACO and you are doing all those extra work and run a store.

Give your managers a break, we forget things and we work so hard in the store and all you care about is the freaking floor and toilet get a piece of dust on it. Panda pay good, but all those requirements that you ask your Managers to do after they finish their training should be told in the beginning so people know what they are going to expect or don't waste anyone's time when the manager find out he/she cant deal with all the non-work related assignment. At the end, no managers work less than 60 hours a week and we all only get paid $12/hr average which the 50hrs and all the extra hours that we work and on call when we are off. Also, don't ask your manager to come to work when he/she is on vacation (which the ACO approved ahead of time.)

Lots of opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Area Coach of Operations
    Current Employee - Area Coach of Operations

I have been working at Panda Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to learn how to manage a business and develop people.
    Lot's of opportunities to grow.
    Great bonus opportunities.

Cons

Work hours can be long.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!