Panda Express

www.pandaexpress.com
There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Pretty Decent Summer Job

I worked at Panda Express full-time

Pros

I was hired at a newly opened Panda Express to work only for my summer vacation as a university student. Pay was as expected and I received free meals. I'd always wanted to work in food service at least once, so this was my opportunity to do so. Got along well with my managers and coworkers.

Cons

Fairly intensive work initially, although as I got more used to work there, that wasn't a big deal. Restaurant was newly opened, so we were somewhat understaffed. Occasionally, there were lulls in activity during the day without many customers to serve.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

Nice place, hard work

Current Employee - Counter Help in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Counter Help in Houston, TX

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

free food, nice customers, calm manager

Cons

It doesn't matter what your position is in the store, you will have to clean clean clean.
    Very tiring.
    Not ever enough staffing. Only 2-3 people serving food, doing cash-register and drive-through. 5 people total in the store, gets crazy during rush-hour.

More of an advice to the company, get a vacuum and better brooms, it is impossible to get all the rice from under the tables and everywhere.

Good job for high school students

Current Employee - Server in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Server in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better pay than most jobs for younger students. Free food during breaks! Good prospects of moving up in the company.

Cons

Very labor intensive and fast pace job. Constantly on the move, especially if you work at busier store. You have to be a quick and efficient worker, no slouchers, you will slow the line down and upset the managers and your team.

Forced to say scripted greetings that sound totally fake. Need longer than 10 min breaks!

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express