Panda Express

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Environment

Former Employee - Management in Rosemead, CA
Former Employee - Management in Rosemead, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture of People Development. Many classes and opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Culture. Anything over done is just that - over done. Many of the classes, while not "mandatory" are MANDATORY. The CEO gets overly involved in people's personal lives and in a judgmental manner. If one is not ready to do EXACTLY as told, this is not the place for you. For those who need or want an almost cult-like environment - you've found the right place.

If you really care about people's development, there has to be an environment with no fear. Where people can develop in more than the one way dictated by Panda. This is said to be acknowledged but is not. Be honest with your employees. Have the integrity you ask of them.

388 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

Terrible

Former Employee - Cook/Dish Washer in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Cook/Dish Washer in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free meals, that's the best

Cons

worst job ever, this place was terrible they expect one person to cook chow ming, fried rice, teriyaki chicken while all the dishes have to be washed without even a spray gun all that for less than 9 bucks an hour, I mean I wouldn't be complaining so much if they at least play 15 bucks an hour. The place I worked was very busy there was no time to breath only work and work all day everyday . if the location was slower this would have been better.

It was so bad working there, I was looking for a way out.

Former Employee - Associate in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Panda Express part-time (more than a year)

Pros

1)Free food whenever you worked... It is, however, extremely fattening, and can be really bad for you.

Cons

1)Large biases from managers; favor of one coworker more than another simply because of their looks.
    2)Hours per week were minimal, and kept getting cut because they would keep hiring more workers (I am assuming because of benefits, look at number 4).
    3)Coworkers can act however they want... including being rude to customers as much as they wanted to be, or even ignore the customers to play on their phones and take calls while on the clock.
    4)Any benefits you wanted meant you had to work a minimum of about 30 hours, which almost never happened - I believe they actually try to keep you well below 30 hours a week just so they don't have to give you benefits.
    5)Management does not value you at all, no matter how hard you work. They don't care.

I am extremely disappointed in the management. The only store I worked at that seemed like a decent store was the one that was the district manager's "home store." All of the others seemed like a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express