med

Current Employee - Lead Counter in Waco, TX
Current Employee - Lead Counter in Waco, TX

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money and benefits with ability to get promotions.

Cons

Long hard work, always want perfection that is never attainable, care too much about asinine details.

Advice to Management

Seek better managers and treat employess better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ability to grow only if you are dedicated, but sometimes frusterating

Current Employee - Counter Help-PIC in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Counter Help-PIC in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, if you earn it. Pay by performance based, the more you learn in the company the faster you get paid more. Good relationships with co-workers, fun place to work. Regular customers appreciate you. You learn a lot in the business if you care to learn, lots of opportunities for classes to take and company activities to join in.

Cons

The hours you have to work when you are full time. I do not like the all day shifts. Makes me feel like Panda consumes my life. Competition between co-workers, I have worked there for less than a year and already completed skills to have 2 raises, one of my co-workers worked there for almost 2 years and just recently completed skills to receive her first raise.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in the shoes of your employees, would you like someone constantly scheduling to work so much and not have any time with their family? Think about how much work and energy they put into their job and then feeling so exhausted from work they hardly have the will to spend time with their family.

2. Great for part-time

I worked at Panda Express part-time

Pros

The pay is usually above minimum wage which is great, food is free on breaks, and the company tries to uphold to their values.

Cons

Working the front is easy but working BOH can be really hectic. Managers expect way too much from the employees at times. Additional training programs are constantly "recommended" by superiors. Overall working part-time can be great but I wouldn't recommend staying with the company too long.

Advice to Management

Try to uphold the values that you promote. Stop nitpicking and criticizing at every little detail and tell us that we did a good job once in a while.