There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Currently experiencing a mass exodus of employees, including management

Former Employee - General Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - General Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is allowed to get a lot of overtime, though 68-70 hrs per week is taxing on a person.

Cons

Since I started working for Panda as an Assistant Manager in December 2012, the company made some drastic changes. One of the worst was when they cut the number of people allowed per shift, which made our job much more difficult when someone called in or just didn't show up.

This is for ACOs, RDOs, ZVPs, and higher: actually listen to your leaders below you. Hear what they have to say about what is not working instead of intimidating them to the point where they feel they are not good enough at their job if your ideas don't work. I'm the first to admit that many of the young people these days lack a solid work ethic, but for what you demand of them and for the pay, you will not get anyone to stay long with the company. That is why there is a mass exodus from your com[any. When even management walks out the door without notice, you should consider that maybe it's not just that you hired the "wrong people" for the job. You can't expect associates to work so hard, on their feet, going at 110% all day long, with a smile on their face, and pay them less than equivalent jobs with other companies. Case in point, I almost completed my General Manager training and was paid $16 per hour, plus bonus which were claimed to be 10s of thousands per year, but were only a couple thousand per year. All this while living in San Jose & driving 30+ min to work every day. At similar restaurants, because I checked, my base pay would be $32-$48 per hour plus bonuses. I have even found less stressful jobs of entry level administrative assistant for many local companies starting at $20 an hour, which do not require you to work 68-70 hrs per week with only one day off and often getting called in on that day because someone didn't show up. If drastic changes are not made, this company will not last much longer, no matter how many new stores you open.

323 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

One of the Best Companies

Current Employee - Counter Help in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Counter Help in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What I love Panda:
    * The Environment
        Mission - Values- Vision - Panda Way - PRG - Panda Pyramid concept
    * The Landmark
    * Panda Cares
    * I have been reading the book The Eight Habits of Highly Effective by Stephen R. Covey and Fierce Conversation by Susan Scott. I am inspired and planning to write a book once I am done with my bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management.
    * As a student at Cal Poly Pomona, I am aware that the founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng have contributed $2.5 million to the Collins College.
    * I am very honored to work at Panda and believe that PRG can make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

I do not find any cons.

Panda Express has taught me a lot about time management and customer satisfaction.

Current Employee - Server/Cashier in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Server/Cashier in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Panda Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has a friendly staff and pays well.

Cons

There is sometimes poor organization with scheduling.

It is important to know and perform your duties responsibly.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express