Just OK

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary & benefits. Company invests in your personal development as well (have a learning benefit fund, landmark classes, etc.). Free food.

Cons

No Work/Life Balance. Labor structure of company is very minimal, as a GM, you do just as much work as the front of the house/back of the house, as the company expects you to run a store of $20000+ weekly sales with just 4 people including the manager, which means all of your staff has to multi-task from taking orders, cooking the food, washing the dishes, cleaning the lobby/restrooms, etc. The company is more about keeping its store in brand new conditions, meaning spotless cleaning from top-to-bottom. While having a clean restaurant is a nice idea, and all restaurants should strive to have a clean restaurant, it's a little extreme as far as the level of detail that the company expects its managers to keep the store at whenever a higher up executive visits you. Very high turnover rate as far as managers as well, which tells you something about the nature of the job for a GM.

Advice to Management

Nothing negative to say about the organization or the people in it. It is a well-run company with great people and leaders. While there are many things to dislike, and there is high turnover, the company is doing great and is growing. All the best as the Panda Express brand grows.

Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express

Lots of room to grow.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay. Free employee meals. Great work environment. Always looking to develop associates.

Cons

Long hours. Usually understaffed High standards. Strict Management Hard to have a good work/life balance Stressful

One of the Best Companies

Current Employee - Counter Help in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Counter Help in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I love Panda: * The Environment Mission - Values- Vision - Panda Way - PRG - Panda Pyramid concept * The Landmark * Panda Cares * I have been reading the book The Eight Habits of Highly Effective by Stephen R. Covey and Fierce Conversation by Susan Scott. I am inspired and planning to write a book once I am done with my bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management. * As a student at Cal Poly Pomona, I am aware that the founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng have contributed $2.5 million to the Collins College. * I am very honored to work at Panda and believe that PRG can make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

I do not find any cons.