There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Great place to learn customer services! But manager tends to favor associates who are Chinese.

I have been working at Panda Express part-time

Pros

Pay,Free food,Flexible hours,Great Employees,Bonuses.

One thing that I really do like working for Panda Express is my co-workers. We were a family and we tend to stick together and help each other out when one would fall behind.

Cons

Chinese manager tends to favor chinese employees than other employees who are not chinese. From my experience, I had to learn to use the cash register in two days and on top of that I had to learn to close and open the store within a month. The new chinese people that my manager hired are horrible. One girl hasn't even learn how to touch the cash register. And the other guy spends his time in back just talking to my manager and to this other chinese guy. My manager loves them for god who knows why. My manager even gave him a raise when he all he does is talk. But anyways, I wore white socks to work one day and he yells at me in front of my co-workers. He even told me that I will never find another place to work even if I do quit when I told him that I won't be staying there forever. It's degrading and I never felt so embarrassed in my life. Sad to say, I had enough and turned in my resignation letter the next day.

Treat everyone fairly please. I am sick and tired of working hard for someone who treats me like I'm some worthless being.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

learning patience

Former Employee - Server/Cashier  in  Inglewood, CA
    Former Employee - Server/Cashier in Inglewood, CA

I worked at Panda Express part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here when I was in high school. The staff is very friendly and willing to train and be patient with you. Pay was consistent.

Cons

Ended up smelling like the food at the end of the day. Lunch and dinner time are the "rush" hours. I learned a lot of patience with people and learned to be quick on my feet and communicate with my co workers.

No advice

Hard Work but Good Benefits

Current Employee - Lead Counter Help
    Current Employee - Lead Counter Help

I have been working at Panda Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of hours
    Vacation pay
    Bonuses
    6-month raises
    Opportunities to grow with the company
    Friendly employees
    Team environment
    Free meals for rest breaks
    20% off employee discounts

Cons

Very high stress, especially for new employees
    Hard labor
    Long hours
    Not very flexible hours
    Schedules go out only a week in advance and are subject to change

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!