There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

No work-life balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

I worked at Panda Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Panda offered a great bonus program (that is if the company had a good year). Also, Panda had a gym on-campus so associates could work out after work or during their meal break.

Cons

The worst about working at Panda was the work hours we were expected to keep. At time, my department was working 12-hour days and many times we were expected to work weekends on a moments notice. While I was employed with Panda, my life revolved around work.

reviews filtered by
  1. I liked the fairly easy work with decent starting pay, as well as the food.

Former Employee - Counter Help in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Counter Help in Orlando, FL

I worked at Panda Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Higher starting pay than most other fast food restaurants.
    Good tasting and fairly healthy food.
    Decent breaks.

Cons

Management focuses more on what the higher ups want instead of great customer service or employee treatment.
    Too much pushing of the brand identity and corporate lingo.

Advice to Management

Focus more on providing a good environment for employees and customers instead of forcing some dumb buzzword-filled corporate identity onto your hourly workers. Let's be real, it's FAST FOOD. Employees want real word, practical solutions and advice for the here and now, not meetings where we discuss "what panda express means to us."

Panda Express is a great first job to work... If you are a patient person..

Former Employee - Counter Help
    Former Employee - Counter Help

I worked at Panda Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Flexible hours
    -Free food on 30 minute breaks
    -20% Discount
    -Great Atmosphere, Coworkers I worked with were very helpful especially the Manager and Assistant Manager during rush hour.
    -Fast Paced
    -CEO of Panda is very motivating and an inspiration

Cons

-A lot of cleaning after closing!!!

We were given about 15-30 minutes to finish sweeping, scrubbing the floors, mopping, drying, buffing the floors, cleaning the restrooms, and scrubbing the pans and front of the house either by myself or with another coworker.

While I do these duties by myself my coworker counts all the money.. BUT In the morning we would get complaints that the floor was not clean enough, especially when I strenuously redid it twice. It would go by so much faster and easier if I had more employees to help.

When I worked in another location all of the BOH in the evening shift would do it. I was okay with it though, I never complained at that time, it was just unfair that I was the only one doing the floors in that impossible amount of time and hearing a complaint in the morning that the floor was this or that, (Happens almost all the time)

The most ridiculous complaint I heard from a morning shift coworker was that, "We found a piece of rice on the floor this morning, so you did not do a very good job!" I almost fell over the floor when she told me that! I know I worked hard, so that is all that matters. It's a great workout though... Knocks me out when I get home after all that crazy workout cleaning.

-Sometimes the higher management thinks you are a peasant. I would always smile at them, but they give me 'the looks' like.. (I didn't see you sanitize the FOH counter) (You are lazy and hopeless) (I hate you) I would always be scared of them, because they were very stern which made everything even more stressful during RUSH HOUR. But I would always think positive, maybe they were having a bad day?

-Customers can be a pain! Especially the DRIVE THRU!! Oh my goodness.. I would get customers who asked me for my number, asked me to marry them, crazy stuff happens in the drive thru.. But always think positive, hard work pays off!

Advice to Management

Your employees work very hard, please reward them more.. maybe a "good job" or high five! It would make their day..

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express