Panda Express

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Pleasant

Current Employee - Legal in Rosemead, CA
Current Employee - Legal in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great team work and collaberation from peers.

Cons

compensation, politics, cliques, some of technology are outdated

388 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

I used to love working here, not so much anymore!

Current Employee - Lead Counter Help
    Current Employee - Lead Counter Help

I have been working at Panda Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free meals during scheduled work time, paid vacation for regular associates.

Cons

You work LOOOOOOONG hours. Managers are always quitting, so they leave the lead counter help in charge for months while only getting paid hourly, and none of the benefits managers receive such as, bonuses or proper compensation. They should rename this place PANDA STRESS!!!!!

Please stop stressing your managers out to the point that they don't last even 3 months, and leave people like myself, who is only a lead counter help, pick up the pieces by doing a manager's job and running the store.

Well meaning company, but beware of the mall store

Former Employee - Cashier, Server, Kitchen Help, Prep Cook in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Server, Kitchen Help, Prep Cook in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Panda Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free food, fair pay, 401k..

Cons

I worked in a store located in a mall food court & that is my only experience of a Panda Express store ever. It is a policy to take aside each employee once a week & inform them of secret shopper reviews & discuss what we can do to make the store better. The problem was that the store is supposed to stop serving at 8 & the cooks would stop making food at 7. I didn't know this was against the rules because I was new & employees can get you to believe anything in training. It continued even after I was informed that this was wrong. So most nights I'd work the front with just a bowl of sad looking orange chicken & white rice & customers thought they were being punked. When it came around to those meetings with the manager, I would bring this up & he would say, "but what can YOU do to help the store?" & I'd be like, "I'm telling you! Sales are low after dark because there is no food for anyone to buy!"
    The company is well meaning with their community efforts but all of the employees at this store were so mean. I left because I was tired of managers & cooks yelling at me straight up in front of customers. It was unprofessional. I wouldn't have cared if they had something to say when there weren't customers but it's bad enough being abused by customers & not being able to speak up. Imagine someone abusing you in front of a customer!

I would advice managers of this store to create a nicer environment with the employees because it shows when people don't even get along well enough to run a store. There needs to be communication & someone to babysit after the manager leaves because they will stop cooking.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express