Panda Express

Panda Express REVIEW IN RICHMOND,CA

Current Employee - Server in Richmond, CA
Current Employee - Server in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Panda Express

Pros

Clean and neat space to work. Consistently moving around, which is good. Keeps me from getting bored and tiered. You need to put in allot of physical work. My co-workers were very helpful. I enjoyed learning the codes for each entrée and side. My manager was understanding. You get two breaks, but I only remember one which was 10 minutes.

Cons

On your feet so prepare yourself and bring comfortable shoes. Customers were rude and rowdy and demanded that I switched to a spanish speaking person. Expect to stay longer if you want to get paid more then $8 per hr. They pay every two weeks. I only stayed a month 1/2 due to moving.

Panda Express should explain to their employees about wearing comfortable shoes while dealing with wet, slippery areas.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

Not a place you'd want to stay long term

Current Employee - Line Server in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Line Server in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Panda Express

Pros

You're allowed free food while you work, and it's 20% off when you're not working there. My store is almost always busy so not a ton of down time. Good pay compared to other fast food companies.

Cons

I was told to expect great advancement opportunities which have yet to appear. The manager thinks it's ok to criticize employees right in front of customers. While they reserve the right to fire you for messing up the cash more than three times in a year, they also don't really want you double checking your numbers. The shift schedule isn't posted in a timely manner very often.

Get the schedule done and printed at least the day before we're expected to follow it. If you have a problem with an employee, bring it up in the back. Don't stand there and criticize them while they're trying to help customers. If you're going to promote "self leadership and motivation" don't get angry when employees try to take charge when you're not there.

Panda Express good and bad

Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Panda Express

Pros

Pay is not bad. Free meal during breaks. If you have a good store you can make good bonus and your job will be easy as long as you have good people. They try to inspire their employees to learn and grow.

Cons

If you have a bad store, your job becomes very difficult and promotion becomes almost impossible.
    Too strict with uniform and cleanliness.

Try to get to know your people before you judge them by numbers. Sometimes we have little or no control pver numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express