Love my job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora Media full-time

Pros

- Culture (company groups for photography, ping pong, NERF, crock pot classes, volleyball, soccer, women in business etc) - People - Most everyone is so nice and cool and interesting. All hard workers - Amazing product that you're proud to represent - Starting to innovate more and have more interesting user/artist-focused ideas come to market

Cons

- Management on certain teams is very political - Since we're growing very fast, some sectors are hiring too quickly without enough input from all members on teams

Advice to Management

- Allow more people to interview candidate when interviewing - Focus on your staff instead of managing upwards - Stay on toes with competition

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to work for.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Pandora Media as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The training, atmosphere, concerts, snacks, drinks, etc. were all extremely big pluses working at Pandora. The managers that I had worked under were very efficient and friendly and helped me all along while I was working there. Although to the outside world, it may seem that Pandora is consistently trying to limit their program, the company is indeed doing everything to help their listeners in the long run and actually listen to every email written into their support system.

Cons

Seems like management could improve somewhat in other departments, but where I was, it was perfectly managed.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing, try not too change too many things.

2. Dynamic and Personal

I worked at Pandora Media

Pros

Awesome people to work with, who mostly are all friendly and helpful. Never had any problems with any of the employees. Has snacks also when you need a pick-me-up during mid day. All the managers are also awesome to work with, and have great personalities, even when they might be a bit stressed. There also always something happening within the company.

Cons

There might be some cliques happening around the company. But overall, this doesn't detract just the overall friendliness and efficiency of the company.