There are newer employer reviews for Pandora

Completelyd disorganized and lacks long term vision and profibility

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pandora

Pros

Get to work with a lot of music. Fun office. Some nice people

Cons

Uppder management and the sales organization is completely unorganized. The company has no solid long-term vision and lacks in initiatives to get to profiitbility. Some of the maagement is just rude. They just want to be the cool company rather than be professions and have drive to get to profibility

Treat your staff with respect. it seems more like a boys club. You need to take actions and develop a focus and vision if you are ever to become profitable. Cut back on the needless spending and focus on hiring talented staff.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Pandora (View Most Recent)

Disconnected Senior Management team, clueless about what it means to work there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pandora

Pros

Pandora is a company that's you're proud to work at because it's one of the most beloved consumer products of the last decade. There are a lot of smart people at Pandora that work hard toward common goals.

Cons

Pandora has a non-existant company culture. There are companies in the valley that make Pandora look rather pathetic on that front. As they've grown, it's likely that maintaining the culture was an afterthought. There is a general vibe of insecurity throughout the office. While senior management and the executive team are approachable, it is obvious that they are clueless as to what it means to be an employee there on a day-to-day basis. There is also a general sense of dysfunction due to "growing pains." The company hasn't scaled key departments in a functional way that serves employees in the the ways that they should, specifically HR. They've also made some bad, incompetent hires in key roles.

Take a closer look that your employee's faces and notice if they seem happy or not. Talk to employees at all levels. Invest in fixing the broken culture of the company

Great if 80 hour weeks are your thing

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pandora

Pros

- I love the product.
    - It is easy to be proud of the company you work for.
    - Your work has meaning and impacts the joy of hundreds of thousands of listeners.

Cons

- No support from management. I went to my manager on two seperate occassions letting him know my concerns about the hours, and how a lot of hours were wasted redoing work. He told me to suck it up and try to be more like the other guy (who had no problem doing 9am-2am days several times a week).
    - Long hours - 60-70 hour weeks are average, 70+ in crunchtime.
    - Pay is crummy - salary sounds ok on paper, until you realize they pay you on a 40 hour/week scale, but expect you to do at least 60-70 hours per week.

Employees don't leave companies - they leave managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Pandora

Worked for Pandora? Contribute to the Community!