Pandora

www.pandora.com
  www.pandora.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pandora

Loved my job. Did not enjoy the people or management.

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-culture was laid back and easy going
-location in downtown Oakland
-cool product

Cons

-HR Dept. full of bad managers, poor leadership who were not interested in really solving problems
-management has no idea what is going on at mid-level so there is lots of ineffciency and redundancy
-misinformation constantly doled out
-leadership was focused only on profit, not on people or career paths, ignored problems and never consulted senior managers about ways to improve service or product
-management was absent, and when present allowed for culture of unprofessionalism
-low-performing employees not reprimanded or terminated
-we were told that we had a voice in changing company policy, but this never happened

The HR dept. is the face of your company, yet they are the most unpleasant department, do something about it! Work on messaging--what the CEO/CFO/COO say are the values of the company should be attainable to everyone, not just a select few.

Get some Standard Operating Procedures on the books--then stick to them. There was a lot of wishy washy indifference from many higher-ups and a lot of inefficient processes and procedures that wasted time and created hideouts for low-performing employees.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Pandora (View Most Recent)

Love my job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora full-time

Pros

- Culture (company groups for photography, ping pong, NERF, crock pot classes, volleyball, soccer, women in business etc)
    - People - Most everyone is so nice and cool and interesting. All hard workers
    - Amazing product that you're proud to represent
    - Starting to innovate more and have more interesting user/artist-focused ideas come to market

Cons

- Management on certain teams is very political
    - Since we're growing very fast, some sectors are hiring too quickly without enough input from all members on teams

- Allow more people to interview candidate when interviewing
    - Focus on your staff instead of managing upwards
    - Stay on toes with competition

Great company to work for.

I worked at Pandora as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The training, atmosphere, concerts, snacks, drinks, etc. were all extremely big pluses working at Pandora. The managers that I had worked under were very efficient and friendly and helped me all along while I was working there. Although to the outside world, it may seem that Pandora is consistently trying to limit their program, the company is indeed doing everything to help their listeners in the long run and actually listen to every email written into their support system.

Cons

Seems like management could improve somewhat in other departments, but where I was, it was perfectly managed.

Keep on doing what you are doing, try not too change too many things.

There are newer employer reviews for Pandora