Pandora

There are newer employer reviews for Pandora

Proud to Work Here / We Work Hard

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people who are genuinely committed to company goals and willing to go above and beyond (including working long hours if necessary)
Flexible, casual, chill
Paid time and a half for OT
Young
Lots of friendships that extend beyond the office - after work, on weekends

Cons

Long hours
Can be stressful since tied to sales and revenue
Complex products and systems
Constant change and evolution, and having to work through it
No 401k match

Realize how hard people work and try to balance it out by hiring more help or creating efficiencies

53 Other Employee Reviews for Pandora (View Most Recent)

cool company, but not very inspiring.

I worked at Pandora full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hip place to work. Free shows every week. Your friends will think you are cool working there.

Cons

Most of people who work at Pandora are in Sales. And it shows. Not new innovation. New competition from Apple iRadio will really hurt the business.

Invest more in research and development.

Only been there 6 months, am cautiously optimistic

Current Employee - Non-technical Individual Contributor in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Non-technical Individual Contributor in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Pandora full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Reading the past reviews from the last few years was very enlightening. It appears that many of the problems people had with the culture and the organization have been fixed or are on their way. Management must have heard that people needed clearly defined goals and it at least in my department we have those. Also I haven't seen anyone work much more than a 40 hour week since I've been there (with a few exceptions). Senior management *seems* quite competent.

Cons

There are politics--most senior management that I've interacted with have been engaged and positively contributing to shared goals. There are a few people that have a lot of power and wield it inconsistently--some weeks you're "in", other weeks you're on the outs. That makes for some unnecessary stress. Also there are way more people needing engineering resources than there are engineers--so non-technical people can feel stuck just waiting around and get worried about the perception that their projects are stalled.

In orientation you tell employees that you will focus on our strengths and not our weaknesses, and you want to develop our careers over the long term. Make sure all your managers have heard this and believe it--there are plenty managers focusing only on the weaknesses and there's some fear in the culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Pandora