Awesome Family atmosphere

Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL
Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Panduit part-time

Pros

At Panduit you get roughly 2 weeks vacation per year to start. 5 paid sick days and good health benefits. Overall very friendly atmosphere to work and great pay.

Cons

nature of work is rather boring and monotonous, depending on the shift, management tends to talk down to the employees. Otherwise overall there is not much that can be said about this company on the negative side.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

SynapSense provides a compelling, open and healthy work environment.

Current Employee - Director in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SynapSense provides a compelling and stimulating work environment. As a small, rapidly growing company, each of us can see the impact of our efforts on a daily basis. Teamwork is very clearly part of the culture. Senior management conducts business with a focus on ethics, integrity and transparency. As shareholders we all understand clearly the goals of the company and in my experience, each person is highly invested in our success. Our disciplined approach to work is balanced by a "family first" core value. It truly is a great place to work....Really!

Cons

There is always risk in a small company but that is also part of the reward, as we have grown so much over the past years. We can see our successes as we look back and are proud of how far we have come. It is a unique opportunity to be a part of something from the ground floor.

Advice to Management

Continue to staff for success

Disinterested Senior Management-Look Elsewhere!

Former Employee - Office-related Position in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Office-related Position in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with my co-workers was one of the best ever. I worked with some very nice people, and the supervisors I dealt with on a regular basis were great. There were a few who were less than professional, but that can be found at just about every employer. I have to say that the people I worked with made the disappointment and drudgery of the Panduit experience much more tolerable. Even after I was laid off from Panduit, several of those employees kept in contact and provided a lot of encouragement. I couldn't ask for better co-workers and supervisors.

Cons

Good grief......there were so many problems, it would take hours to list them all. Working in a negative environment, especially one that tends to treat its employees as children who should be punished (exemplified by the occurrence system) isn't exactly a morale-booster. However, one aspect that hasn't been dealt with very often on this website has been the level of negative behavior of senior managers toward lower-level employees, which ultimately results in poor morale. I wanted to further my career with Panduit. I failed repeatedly to secure tuition reimbursement for coursework that would have applied to Panduit-related employment, so, already, that was one major disappointment. Regardless of that, I went as far as inquiring about one-on-one meetings with higher-level managers in the interest of discussing possible career paths and the ways to pursue those paths. I attempted to contact fifteen of them, all of whom were in varying levels of higher management. Only three senior managers out of the fifteen responded. Two replied with, in effect, "we're not in the business of dispensing career advice. We're not responsible for finding that path for you, that's your responsibility." The third senior manager responded in a similar manner, but he even said "don't bother me" in an e-mail response. This is the level of professionalism in the upper echelon of Panduit management? I never asked for the path.....I asked for advice in HOW to pursue that path and further my career, since they obviously pursued a path that led to their own personal success. So why would they be that unwilling to provide some advice? That said, it's an example of how the senior managers have no interest in helping to provide an environment that fosters growth, a DESIRE to grow with Panduit, or a positive working experience. You can even take that to the level of the "State of Panduit" presentations given by the CEO or the president, which are the most unenthusiastic ever. Finally, I asked myself why I would even want to continue with a company with senior management like this? I advise everyone with an interest in Panduit to look elsewhere, because I spent six years mired in stagnation and frustrated by the general disinterest of senior management. There are far better employers who make an effort to retain and invest in its employees.

Advice to Management

I challenge every higher-level senior executive and manager of Panduit Corporation, including the CEO and the president, to contribute in providing a positive environment and a basis for good morale, all of which they displayed complete ineptitude while I was there.