Panduit

www.panduit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Panduit

Full circle. Instead of "Know a lot and say a little, management here is know a little and say a lot"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Burr Ridge, IL
Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Jack E. Caveney sr. , paid holidays, snow cones, popcorn, and a company that never paid finance charges.

Cons

Company that never paid an employee what they deserved. Daily beatdown and blame slide. Can't get a new professional employee to show up after they accept. Imagine what life would be like if your NAME changed so much??? Good parking, and.... liquidation

Panduit has a great name out in the marketplace. In the workplace it is a little different. The common thread is the Pixie Dust and spin between one end and the other. Policies, programs, and restructuring change so quickly that there are new changes before the last are even implemented or even evaluated. Part of Management power struggle and position justification. Keep up the work deflectors and responsibility immobilizers.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Panduit (View Most Recent)

Disinterested Senior Management-Look Elsewhere!

Former Employee - Office-related Position in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Office-related Position in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with my co-workers was one of the best ever. I worked with some very nice people, and the supervisors I dealt with on a regular basis were great. There were a few who were less than professional, but that can be found at just about every employer. I have to say that the people I worked with made the disappointment and drudgery of the Panduit experience much more tolerable. Even after I was laid off from Panduit, several of those employees kept in contact and provided a lot of encouragement. I couldn't ask for better co-workers and supervisors.

Cons

Good grief......there were so many problems, it would take hours to list them all. Working in a negative environment, especially one that tends to treat its employees as children who should be punished (exemplified by the occurrence system) isn't exactly a morale-booster. However, one aspect that hasn't been dealt with very often on this website has been the level of negative behavior of senior managers toward lower-level employees, which ultimately results in poor morale. I wanted to further my career with Panduit. I failed repeatedly to secure tuition reimbursement for coursework that would have applied to Panduit-related employment, so, already, that was one major disappointment. Regardless of that, I went as far as inquiring about one-on-one meetings with higher-level managers in the interest of discussing possible career paths and the ways to pursue those paths. I attempted to contact fifteen of them, all of whom were in varying levels of higher management. Only three senior managers out of the fifteen responded. Two replied with, in effect, "we're not in the business of dispensing career advice. We're not responsible for finding that path for you, that's your responsibility." The third senior manager responded in a similar manner, but he even said "don't bother me" in an e-mail response. This is the level of professionalism in the upper echelon of Panduit management? I never asked for the path.....I asked for advice in HOW to pursue that path and further my career, since they obviously pursued a path that led to their own personal success. So why would they be that unwilling to provide some advice? That said, it's an example of how the senior managers have no interest in helping to provide an environment that fosters growth, a DESIRE to grow with Panduit, or a positive working experience. You can even take that to the level of the "State of Panduit" presentations given by the CEO or the president, which are the most unenthusiastic ever. Finally, I asked myself why I would even want to continue with a company with senior management like this? I advise everyone with an interest in Panduit to look elsewhere, because I spent six years mired in stagnation and frustrated by the general disinterest of senior management. There are far better employers who make an effort to retain and invest in its employees.

I challenge every higher-level senior executive and manager of Panduit Corporation, including the CEO and the president, to contribute in providing a positive environment and a basis for good morale, all of which they displayed complete ineptitude while I was there.

It's Like the Titantic

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

New Building and Free Coffee. Not many companies in SW Suburbs.

Cons

Low Morale. Backstapping rampet. A culture of CYA. A feeling that everything is going downhill and you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Rumors always circulating of further layoffs.

Get rid of everyone, family included and start over. This once was a company you were proud of working for, now not at all. Treat ALL your employees with RESPECT, from the lowest rung on up the chain of command.

There are newer employer reviews for Panduit