Quirky but Professional

I worked at Panduit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good management vision
Solid junior executives

Cons

Crazy family involvement at time
Some "god old boys" netowrk issues have led to the placement of facilities in unproductive locations

Keep doing what you are doing.... making the company less quirky and more professional

Other Reviews for Panduit

Weirdest, Least Rewarding Place I've Ever Worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time

Pros

Most of my coworkers were friendly and professional. (Though we were all so "streamlined" and morale was generally so low that no one really had much time or energy to be friendly.)

Cons

Where do I begin... It's well known that top management has no trust in it's managers, and that distrust filters down through the organization. There is no support for newer employees. Communication is terrible, and there are secrets a-plenty. There are a ridiculous amount of approvals needed to do virtually anything (again, due to the lack of trust), to the point of being extremely inefficient. Technology and systems/processes are completely out-of-date. No one knows how to run a project, and there is a general feeling of "covering your ass", because no one knows when the next shoe will drop. Employees are thrown under the proverbial bus when their managers make poor decisions and can't own up to their mistakes.

Note: Medical benefits are not available to spouses who also have insurance available through their employers.

Get with the 2000s! You run this business like businesses were run in the 1950s -- completely patriarchal, with no concern with the changing ways that business is done. (For example, for their completely new (2010) building, they decided against having a workout facility on site, because they are afraid it would keep people from doing their work!)

It's a job

Current Employee - Adm Assistant  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Adm Assistant in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good benefits, safe work enviroment

Cons

politics, knowledge don't mean anything

Listen to your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Panduit.

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!