There are newer employer reviews for Panduit

What goes around, comes around.......

Former Employee - Production Operator  in  Tinley Park, IL
Former Employee - Production Operator in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit

Pros

I have met some great friends through Panduit. Other than that, I can't really think of anything positive to say. I still stay in touch with many of them.

Cons

Panduit was once a great place to work for. I am glad I am out of there and most people who are layed off have a sense of relief not to have to go back there everyday to work. Most current employees are scared, nervous and not sure when their day is coming. Anyone, including top management, who think their job is safe, should think again. Panduit is on a mission to move everything overseas, and won't stop til they complete this task. Management has done nothing but lie, lie, lie.
Panduit is continually cutting benefits. If they would listen more to the people who work production and who are the backbone of the company, they wouldn't be in the mess they are in today.
Anyone considering employment with Panduit should run in the other direction, it is nothing but trouble.

You should have told the truth from the beginning.

288 Other Employee Reviews for Panduit (View Most Recent)

Planning by Private Meetings....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Located in Southwest Suburbs
    Salary good
    Casual Dress & Work Environment
    Invest in Technology
    Friendly co-workers
    Its a paycheck, not a career
    The best reasons don't exist anymore....

Cons

No 401K match
    No Raise
    No Communication to employees
    Secrecy by Mgmt
    Cutting Benefits
    Treat Employees like Slaves
    Too many meetings
    Stress level keeps increasing
    Not a Happy Place
    Root cause is just a blame game

Employees at any company are their most valuable resource. That is so far removed from anyone on the Executive Team's level of Management at Panduit. Do you not care what type of reputation the "Panduit" name is getting in the outside world? If the Executive Team and all of top Management doesn't immediately start to share information in an open and honest manner with employees their will not be any Panduit within a few years.

Panduit will not have qualified people and will not be able to hire any in the future. Maybe the goal is just do what the Gartner Group recommends for IT. If your goal is to replace employees with contractors, remember the problems and failures of using contractors. Contractors do not care - they have no long term interest.

Management needs to stop hiding and be honest with us. Remember the Golden Rule or do I need to tell you what it is?

Pan-DONE-it!

Current Employee - Clerk  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Clerk in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit

Pros

Location, location, location. Flex time before it was so severely restricted and regulated. The previous 401K match. Two "professional" managers who left.

Cons

An absolute dichotomy between no clear direction from the top and an obsession with micro-managing details down at the lowest level. Tripling one's workload and no overtime to handle duties. So much time spent untangling old messes (created because of understaffing in some instances and insufficient policy in others) that one's current, on-going work suffers and becomes the biggest fire to put out the next day! Indecision on supervisor's part...once I asked a direct question...do I do this or that...the response was, "That's a good question." I never received an answer and, of course, was (gently) reprimanded when I made the wrong choice. So much emphasis on "team" building without competent leadership!

Since the train seems to have left the station, it seems moot to point out that management could have dealt with what "is" as compared to what "if" and steered this established company far better. I believe their recent decisions are set in stone and no suggestions can penetrate this mind-set.

There are newer employer reviews for Panduit

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!