Panera Bread

Warm and inviting.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Acworth, GA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Acworth, GA

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

Panera is very particular about who they hire and especially with their management teams which is a good thing. The company is very pro-active, evolving, and open-minded, therefore it is these attributes that they look for in their management personnel as well as in the employees they hire which results in a very comfortable and friendly work environment.

Cons

Fast paced, which is not always a bad thing. It just means that you have to be able to utilize common sense, time management, attention to detail, a positive an enthusiastic approach to your work and a willingness to go above and beyond for the consumer. It's also important always have a sense of urgency, this helps you to insure that you will complete all your work in a timely manner and finish with in the scheduled shift you have been assigned. In other works, stay focused on your work, stay positive, organized, and friendly.......If you can do this, then not only can you work successfully at Panera, but you will also have opportunity for growth and advancement.

1468 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, depending on the management

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

-Opportunitites to work with AMAZING co-workers, Panera usually has nice coworkers that are fun to be around
    -Most of the management is good to be around
    -Delicious food, and a 70% discount to buy it with
    -Opportunities for advancement (if you work hard and are dedicated, not just enough to get by)
    -The ability to have a "passion"

Cons

-Some management is extremely poor, hurtful and mean
    -Very fast paced, especially in the winter
    -Extensive cleaning when your the closing crew
    -Dealing with bratty, rude customers who are dissatisfied no matter what you do
    -Our store did not offer breaks to the night crew, even during 7+ hour shifts

A thank you every once in a while from the GM of the store goes a long way. I dont think I've ever had one, but that's all it would take to make me want to stay. As for the higher level management, PLEASE listen to the associates when they write a letter of complaint instead of the GM's word against the associate-we all know who would win that battle.

Miserable

Current Employee - Cashier, Line Cook in East Meadow, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier, Line Cook in East Meadow, NY

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

The only Pro is the good sandwiches, and free fountain drink uhmm it's hard to think well
    That's it :•)

Cons

Managers had Favoritism, only their "friends" got employee of the month. I got a couple of 100%'s in secret shoppers reviews and I was never made a trainer or received employee of the month. The Managers are super unprofessional always covering each others behind when something was done wrong. Hours are constantly being cut and yet they keep hiring more people and giving the hours of current employees to the new people

Stop being so cheap to save money in order to get your big fat bonuses at the end of the year and start caring about having all the menu items available

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread