There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

It's easy if you work evenings.

Current Employee - Team Member
Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

Fun working on the line You get discounts Can take home free pastries Opportunities to be promoted since they promote from within

Cons

Closing sucks so much Scheduling isn't available online

Advice to Management

Online scheduling would be so much easier. Stop being mean, be more like the nice manager.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It is not the best pay, but I enjoy my work and the people I work with.

Current Employee - Day Baker
    Current Employee - Day Baker

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

Surrounded by food, fun, hard-working people. The discounted food A "No Jerks" policy Excellent Benefits Flexible work schedule when requested Leave work feeling accomplished

Cons

It does not have the most competitive pay You are working non-stop all day with only a half-hour break Bakers are bounced around to many different locations

Advice to Management

It would be nice if there was more opportunity for advancement for employees. I would also like to see and increase in communication and mutual trust/respect between management and bakers/associates.

2. It doenst make you alot of money but is a nice part time job for some extra cash.

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

The best reasons to work for panera besides the delicious food, is the co-workers. I have met some of th most amazing people working for the company and it has helped me network for other opportunities.

Cons

The pay isnt that great and there isnt much chance of earning enough to pay bills. If you are just working for some extra cash it is fine. The highest raise you can get at a review is arond 15 cents.

Advice to Management

The management I have worked with at the store level are all pretty competent. Its when you get to district management and higher you run into problems. The higher ups have difficulties listening to the lower levels. If you complain that they made a mistake the regional manager will press their BS button.