Good

I worked at Panera Bread for less than a year

Pros

They were mainly flexible and very easy to work for as a whole. You stay busy and get customer interaction.

Cons

You may get stuck on one specific position, making the work routine and boring after awhile. Depending on how busy you get, you may become drained quickly.

Stay consistent with the structure of management all together and how you follow through with all employees equally.

Other Reviews for Panera Bread

Overall good, but working third shift is not fun.

Former Employee - Baker
    Former Employee - Baker

I worked at Panera Bread

Pros

The pay is better than average. If you don't mind third shift this job is nice if you don't like working with a lot of people or like a lot of (unnecessary) supervision. You are trained thoroughly. When you are done training this job involves working with only one or two other people. You know what you are meant to do and you are left alone to get it done. I really quite liked the job. But I really hated third shift. When I worked there third shift started at 9:30 p.m. Which means you get off at 5:30 a.m. Yuck. If you don't have overtime. The possibility of you having overtime is dependent on how large your order is for the next day. And of course how fast you move!

Cons

Honestly didn't deal with upper management at all after being hired. Working third shift means you see the second shift people for about a half hour as they finish cleaning up. You have a regional manager for the night time bakers. Mine was pretty awesome. Then I had to train at another store for a while, the senior baker there was a moron. She listened to some weird radio show about aliens all night. And never listened when you told her the days you were scheduled off. Not EXTRA days you were trying to call off. Your already scheduled days off! Except for her everyone else was pleasant to work with. I'm sorry this wasn't so relevant but honestly met the store managers like one time.

Went downhill FAST.

Current Employee - Cashier/Prep/Line
    Current Employee - Cashier/Prep/Line

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good food.
    - You meet some really cool people and getting to know some of the everyday customers is fun
    - I like the fact that Panera donates leftover products at the end of the night
    - Opportunities to train for different positions
    - Flexible Scheduling

Cons

- In my case, unless you work at a corporate store your pay is barely over minimum wage, even with previous experience.
    - Again, at my franchise, there are no benefits even to full time employees.
    - Pointless rules. Example: We can't take our food home even though we're still paying 50% for it. and god forbid you eat a broken cookie that would have been thrown away.
    - No real opportunities to advance. Associate-> Associate Trainer(25 cent raise)->Manager
    - Raises pretty much don't exist.
    - In general I believe everything you hear when you get hired makes the company seem way better than it actually is, at least at my store.

If you're a manager try coming out of your office once in awhile and seeing what actually goes on in your store. When you see what actually goes on fire/discipline people who deserve it. Don't hold meetings or come out of your office after doing absolutely nothing all day just to yell at employees who have been doing what they're supposed to do all day and then not saying anything to the horrible employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!