Panera Bread

www.panerabread.com
  www.panerabread.com
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Great atmosphere, good work environment, friendly relations, easy work

Former Employee - Customer Associate in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Customer Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is fantastic. It really makes you feel like you are in a good place. Employees are treated very well overall. Panera hires from a great pool of people. Flexible hours. Not to mention the great food! Also most of the managers I have interacted with are very laid back and friendly

Cons

Decent pay, could have been a little higher. Wasn't a fan of not being able to take extra food after closing for the day (not sure if this is still restricted)

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Once Eager Then Disillusioned

Former Employee - Sales Associate in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in McHenry, IL

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can not recall any pros.

Cons

I was an older worker who was discriminated against.

I wasn't allowed to learn new things and the other workers were allowed to make fun of me. I am a college graduate who just needed a part time job. I wanted to go full time and was not allowed to. Only the younger people got the chances at promotions such as assistant manager. A lot of companies are learning that the older worker has a better work ethic and has a lot to offer any company. Panera does not take advantage of this.

Very tough job at near slave labor wages

Former Employee - Panini & Food Line Worker in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Panini & Food Line Worker in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some experienced employees are helpful as are associate managers and shift supervisors.

Cons

Terribly disorganized, managers have hair triggers and are aloof to new employees. Additional duites are piled on while still expecting you to perform your current duites (and the extra) in the alloted time frame. New hires are not treated well, which is surprising since one would think they would care about employee retention. No points for having a brain, mental maturity and a willingness to go the extra mile.
    There is a weekly hourly labor limit that they don't tell you about when hired, so don't expect full time employment. You can expect to be sent home in the middle of a shift because of this limit.
    No matter how fast you move, they will expect you to move faster.

Get down off your high horses and remember how you started out in the company: as a worker bee. Don't treat all your employees as if they are high school kids incapable of higher thought processes. Make certain all shifts leave things ready, stocked and prepped for the shift that follows. And get rid of your really stupid rule about no garbage going out after dark!
    It makes NO sense that food preparers are tasked with taking out the garbage for the entire restaurant before they even begin their work.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread